Jimpy Days

This is what is going on in my life. Sometimes I feel that people don't have any idea of what my day-to-day living is all about or what it entails. Hopefully these postings will help those wanting, gain a better perspective of what my lifestyle is.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

I live in Tempe Arizona, within the Valley of the Sun, and work at Arizona State University. I am the Associate Director of the Disability Resource Center where I have worked for over 24 years. I love my job but most of all I love my family and all the friends who support me.

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Wonderful World of Technology.

Technology! You love it when it's working well, but you curse it when it starts acting strange or stops working at all.

My Internet modem decided to go crazy on me shortly after Christmas. As a result, I've been without any Internet connection for just over a week. That means no e-mail, no balancing my finances, paying bills, reading the newspaper or posting to my blog.

It's amazing how much you realize you depend on your Internet connection until you don't have it.

Like the saying goes, "you don't know what you have till it's gone."

As it turns out I had to buy a new modem. $59 worth. It's a chunk for me to pay but, as I look at it, well worth it in the long run.

Yea , the joy of reading my newspaper again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home