Jimpy Days

This is what is going on in my life. Sometimes I feel that people don't have any idea of what my day-to-day living is all about or what it entails. Hopefully these postings will help those wanting, gain a better perspective of what my lifestyle is.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

I live in Tempe Arizona, within the Valley of the Sun, and work at Arizona State University. I am the Associate Director of the Disability Resource Center where I have worked for over 24 years. I love my job but most of all I love my family and all the friends who support me.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another Blast from the Recent Past.

Today, surprisingly, in the mail I received yet another letter from the Nurse Practitioner who worked for the neurosurgeon who performed the surgery on my spinal cord last December 29.

She was the glue that held the neurosurgeon’s office together. Perhaps his medical practice itself. I surprisingly received a letter from her earlier this year that was a response from a “thank you” e-mail I sent to his office for her after my body had stabilized from the surgery. The letter was a complete surprise.

From what she said in her letter, she and her husband are going to be moving to Michigan, specifically Ann Arbor, where they are both originally from. Great for them!

I write this because I am completely taken back by the fact that she has even written me back at all. I was totally taken off guard by her first letter, much more so when I received her second letter today.

In her letter she said that she would like to have lunch with me before she leaves for good, back to Michigan. She said she would call me at my office sometime soon so we can get together for lunch. I can’t wait!

Sandy is a wonderful human being; someone I’ll never forget. She took care of me when the doctor “was away.” Filling his shoes was not an easy task for her, I’m sure. Regardless, she did a great job.

Thank God for great Nurse Practitioners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home