Jimpy Days

This is what is going on in my life. Sometimes I feel that people don't have any idea of what my day-to-day living is all about or what it entails. Hopefully these postings will help those wanting, gain a better perspective of what my lifestyle is.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

I live in Tempe Arizona, within the Valley of the Sun, and work at Arizona State University. I am the Associate Director of the Disability Resource Center where I have worked for over 24 years. I love my job but most of all I love my family and all the friends who support me.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

We did it!

I can’t believe it but we (my new PCA & myself) made it through the weekend without a hitch. Except for having someone there to “spot” him on his first transfer of me into my wheelchair, he did the complete routine both days without any problems. Except for taking a little longer and my having to explain a little more, both mornings went pretty much as normal.

I can’t believe how fast this guy has caught on. It’s obvious he has had previous experience doing this. A weekend I wasn’t looking forward to turned out to be a highly successful one.

I’ll rest easy the coming weeks (understanding that the holidays are approaching and my other PCA’s want time off) knowing this guy (Denis) is totally capable.

Welcome to my staff Denis! Hopefully this will be a long and enjoyable work relationship for both of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home